Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots (Paleo)
- 6 slices of bacon cut in small pieces
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 qt Brussels sprouts cleaned and halved
- 1-2 T red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
Clean the sprouts and either micro for 7-8 minutes or lightly steam. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon to desired doneness (I prefer crisp for this recipe as the bacon will soften from vegetables). Add shallots and stir, cooking for about 2 minutes. Drain Brussels sprouts and add to pan, stirring to cover with onion/bacon. Sprinkle with vinegar, add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir again. Cover the skillet and turn heat to low. Allow to remain over low temperature for 10-15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so. Enjoy!